United Concordia will verify eligibility for the Active Duty Dental Plan (ADDP) through the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
The ADDP is available to active duty service members (ADSMs) of the:
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Marine Corps
- U.S. Navy
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Guard and Reserve Component Sponsors (called or ordered to active duty for more than 30 consecutive days).
The following are also eligible:
- Personnel in the Transition Assistance Management Program (TAMP) following activation for a contingency operation for more than 30 days are eligible to receive private sector dental care. These members are eligible to receive civilian dental care through the remote ADDP for up to 180 days during the TAMP period; however, dental implants, orthodontics, and extensive treatment plans are not covered. The 180 days does not allow sufficient time to complete extensive treatment plans and partial treatment plans will not be approved.
- National Guard and Reserve "Early Activators"
Some members of the National Guard and Reserve who are issued delayed-effective-date active duty orders for more than 30 days in support of a contingency operation or a preplanned mission are eligible.
- National Guard members moved from federal orders to state orders while performing state disaster response duty as if on active duty orders for more than 30 days
- Line of Duty (LOD) Service Members
ADSMs with a LOD determination are only eligible for treatment for that injury or illness.
- Foreign Military Personnel (stationed in the United States)
Foreign military personnel may be eligible for the ADDP when serving or training at a U.S. military installation.
- Wounded Warriors
ADSMs identified as Wounded Warriors are eligible for private sector care under the ADDP.
Evidence of Coverage
Each DTF-referred ADSM will provide the referral form from their DTF at their civilian dental appointment. If needed, the dental office may also ask for military identification.
All Remote ADSMs will receive a personalized ADDP Identification Card. This card should be presented at each dental office visit.