New: ADDP Authorization Process for remote ADSMs
Effective November 1, 2009, United Concordia will no longer utilize the online authorization process. All authorizations should be submitted by mailing a completed request form and required materials to United Concordia. This new process will ensure that all materials are received and reviewed by Defense Health Agency (DHA) in a timely and efficient manner.
Network dentists can request authorizations for Remote ADSMs by accessing the ADDP Authorization Form, located under Forms ADDP Authorization Form. Print, complete and return the form to:
- United Concordia
- ADDP Authorization Requests
- PO Box 69431
- Harrisburg, PA 17106-9431
Proposed treatment and pertinent documentation must be submitted. Please be advised, United Concordia will only return X-rays/photos if a self-address, stamped envelope is included for each individual inquiry. (We always recommend sending duplicates.)
Remember: Authorizations are required for all care that Remote Active Duty Service Members (ADSMs) cannot self-refer. A dentist will be required to obtain an authorization if:
- treatment is greater than $500 per appointment;
- the cumulative total is $1,500 or more for treatment plans completed within a consecutive 12 month period;
- the procedure is not a covered benefit under the Remote ADDP.