Eligibility will be verified in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) by United Concordia. As an active duty service member (ADSM), you must ensure your personal information is updated in DEERS. If eligibility cannot be confirmed, ADDP dental care will be denied.
DEERS information may be verified by contacting the nearest uniformed services personnel office (where military ID cards are issued) or by logging on to milConnect at http://milconnect.dmdc.mil.
You may update DEERS information in one of the following ways:
- Visit the Website at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address/index.jsp.
- Visit milConnect at http;//milconnect.dmdc.mil to update your address or check your eligibility.
- Visit a local personnel office that has a uniformed services ID card facility or a Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) office. To locate the nearest RAPIDS office, visit www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl. Call ahead for hours of operation and for instructions.
- Fax address and contact changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.
- Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 or 1-866-363-2883 (TTY/TDD). Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time, except Federal holidays.
- Mail the changed address and contact information to:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
As noted on the home page of the ADSM portal, the ADDP provides authorized civilian dental care under two distinct components for ADSMs who are either referred from a military dental treatment facility (DTF) (DTF-referred) or reside and work (duty location) greater than 50 miles from a military DTF as part of the Remote Active Duty Dental Program.
To understand which TRICARE programs you may be eligible for, and to determine if you are considered a remote ADSM, you may consult the TRICARE Plan Wizard at www.tricare.mil. The Wizard is a guide for determining eligibility, but does not determine eligibility. Eligibility is determined by the Uniformed Services and reported to DEERS. You must have your eligibility status recorded in DEERS.
For more information on using the Plan Wizard, consult the Plan Wizard Tutorial.
If you are still unsure whether you are considered DTF-referred or a remote ADSM, please call United Concordia's Dental Care Finders at 1-866-984-ADDP (2337) or email email@example.com.